Chef Linda has a theme going! I’m not positive if this is a national day for Canada, or the U.S., but, either way, I like her calendar!! Here’s her post:
It’s National Banana Bread Day! We are featuring Esther the Wonder Pig’s Blueberry Banana Bread made with organic blueberries, spelt flour and Tofutti Sour Supreme sour cream. You do not have to make separate chia eggs. Once your bananas are mashed, you add everything into the mixing bowl and stir until combined. Enjoy!
Esther the Wonder Pig’s Blueberry Banana Bread
Recipe Type: Sweet Bread
Cuisine: Esther Approved
Serves: 9×5 loaf
Prep including Bake Time: 1 hour
1/2 cup vanilla non-dairy yogurt or Tofutti Sour Supreme
2 Tablespoons chia seeds
3 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed
3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1-1/3 cup spelt or all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup frozen or fresh organic blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5 bread loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a masher.
3. Combine the remaining ingredients with the bananas. Stir until the batter is combined and moist. If you over stir the bread, it will become dense.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake for 50 minutes.
6. Allow to cool and then slice.