Another winning recipe from Esther’s Kitchen!
Brownie lovers, you are in for a delicious treat. We are serving up Zucchini Brownies today! Has anyone had Zucchini Brownies? These brownies are gooey and can be made oil free for those folks eliminating oil from their diets. If you make these oil free, the brownies will taste more like cake. The brownies in the photo are oil free and made with walnuts. The batter will be very thick. Keep stirring. The batter will come together. If you want to make these gluten-free, use GF …flour blend and add 2 chia or flax eggs to the batter. Enjoy! ~Chef Linda
Cuisine: Esther Approved, GF option
Prep including Bake Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 8″x8″ pan or 9 brownies
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2-3/4 cup organic granulated sugar, adjust to your taste
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil (optional)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup shredded organic zucchini
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 8″x8″ baking pan or line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Add all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir by hand with a spoon.
3. Add the zucchini, vanilla extract, oil and almond milk. Stir until the batter with a spoon until the batter is smooth. Keep stirring. The batter does come together. If your zucchini is not wet, stir in an additional 1-2 Tablespoons of almond milk.
4. Pour the brownie batter in the pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until the center is done by using a toothpick test.
6. Cool and slice into 9 pieces.
Check out these other Esther Related Facebook Pages:
And, follow Esther’s Kitchen here!