This crust meets all my criteria! Quick and easy with few ingredients, vegan and no oil!! Forks Over Knives friendly, and best of all, Esther Approved!!
From Esther’s Kitchen: Here is a super easy method to make a 12″ thin pizza crust! This recipe is for the crust with suggested topping ideas and baking times. The crust is oil-free, thin and crispy with some air pockets that firm while baking. You can have a homemade Esther Approved pizza in 30 minutes! Enjoy!
Esther’s Thin Pizza Crust
Cuisine: Esther Approved Pizza Crust
Prep Time for Crust: 18-20 minutes
Bake Time for Pizza: 10 minutes
Serves: 12″ pizza crust
Author: Chef Linda
½ cup warm water (110°F/43°C to 115°F/46°C) (125ml)
½ teaspoon active dry yeast (2ml)
1 teaspoon granulated sugar (5ml)
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (750ml)
½ teaspoon salt (2ml)
Canned crushed tomatoes
Esther Approved cheeze (Daiya mozzarella style shreds were used.)
1-2 minced garlic cloves
Crushed pepper flakes
salt and ground black pepper
Pizza seasoning blend
Fresh basil leaves
1. Place the warm water in a small bowl. Stir in the granulated sugar until it is dissolved. Stir in the active dry yeast. Stir quickly to combine. Let the mixture sit undisturbed for 10 minutes. The surface of the water will begin to foam around 10 minutes. Your yeast is proofing in this step.
2. Add the all-purpose flour and salt to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Pour the water/sugar/yeast liquid in with the flour and salt. Stir the dough with a spoon until a dough ball forms, about 1 minute.
3. Lightly flour your worksurface. Grab the dough and little bits of dough from the mixing bowl. Transfer the dough onto the floured work surface. Knead the dough with your hands for 1 minute until it is smooth. The dough ball will be stiff. Let the dough ball rest for 5 minutes. Roll the dough out to a 12″ circle with a rolling pin. Start from the center and apply pressure as you roll out to the edge. Flip the dough over a few times while you are rolling it out.
4. Transfer the pizza dough to a pizza pan. Add the crushed tomatoes in a thin layer, minced garlic, salt, ground black pepper, pizza seasoning blend, crushed pepper flakes and Esther Approved cheeze.
5. Bake the pizza in a preheated 450°F oven. Bake the pizza for 10 minutes or until the crust is crispy. Add fresh basil leaves on top of the pizza. Slice and serve.
Here is a super easy method to make a 12″ thin pizza crust! This recipe is for the crust with suggested topping ideas and baking times. The crust is oil-free, thin and crispy with some air pockets that firm while baking. You can have a homemade Esther Approved pizza in 30 minutes! Enjoy!
Please visit Esther’s Kitchen for more great recipes!
Thanks for reading!
Check out these other Esther Related Facebook Pages: