I’m Flirt! I’m excitable! I’m happy to be here!
I really have an important subject to tell you about. May 6th through the 12th is Be Kind to Animals Week! Who knew? I’m an animal, and I didn’t even know about this, but it sure sounds like a great idea!
There are so many ways to be kind to animals! One of the most important ways is by controlling the homeless animal population. If you have a dog or cat that is not a show animal, spaying and neutering is the best thing you can do! There are many benefits to your pet, such as:*
- Spaying and neutering helps dogs and cats live longer, healthier lives.
- Spaying and neutering can eliminate or reduce the incidence of a number of health problems that can be very difficult or expensive to treat.
- Spaying eliminates the possibility of uterine or ovarian cancer and greatly reduces the incidence of breast cancer, particularly when your pet is spayed before her first estrous cycle.
- Neutering eliminates testicular cancer and decreases the incidence of prostate disease.
- Spaying and neutering makes pets better, more affectionate companions.
- Neutering cats makes them less likely to spray and mark territory.
- Spaying a dog or cat eliminates her heat cycle.
- Unsterilized animals often exhibit more behavior and temperament problems than do those who have been spayed or neutered.
- Spaying and neutering can make pets less likely to bite.
- Neutering makes pets less likely to roam the neighborhood, run away, or get into fights.
*(Per the Humane Society of the US website)
Also, please don’t let your animals roam! Your pet has no defense against a car. If you love your pets, protect them and provide them with the boundaries they need!
Wow, those poor animals which are left to fend for themselves! We were all lucky to be taken into a home where we are cared for.
Hey! I have an idea! Why just have a Be Kind to Animals “Week”? How about “Be Kind to Animals Everyday”! That’s how it is around here!
I’ll be sure to be kind to the animals around here, although, Blossom does sometime present a real challenge to my good intentions! Please be kind to the animals you encounter.
I’ve always depended on the kindness of strangers (until now) –